The Sunshine Coast is ripe for forestry investment. Here’s why:
- 3-4 million m³ pass through the West Howe Sound sorting yards
- Waste from milling is consumed at Howe Sound Pulp and Paper
- There is a supply of local logs, including from the Sunshine Coast Community Forest, which reserves logs for the value-added sector
- The value-added (VA) sector is being promoted and assisted by the Sunshine Coast Community Forest
- The VA sector is strong on the Sunshine Coast
- Hillside Industrial Park has affordable parcels that are zoned for light and heavy industrial uses
- We have fibre, waste disposal, land and proximity to the Port of Vancouver.